Seeing is believing
Tumor targeting and antenna placement using ultrasound is challenging. Failure to accurately place a microwave ablation antenna increases the risk of incomplete ablation and local recurrence. To master antenna placement requires time, practice, and a comprehensive understanding of anatomical landmarks.
Recognizing this challenge, we sought to develop a unique procedural solution to simplify ablation procedures.
The Emprint™ SX ablation platform with Thermosphere™ technology is a cutting-edge, integrated surgical navigation and ablation platform that reduces procedural complexity and improves the targeting accuracy of soft tissue ablation.
- Navigation software improves successful antenna placement versus standard ultrasound guidance upon first attempt.
- Advanced 3-D tracking shows the position of the Emprint™ SX ablation antenna and ultrasound transducer relative to the surgeon’s perspective in real-time.2
- Projected antenna path allows trajectory planning prior to antenna placement.1,3,
- 3-D visualization of the predicted ablation zone helps ensure complete coverage of the target.3,4
- Thermosphere™ technology creates predictable spherical ablation zones.
- Intuitive interface with a step-by-step guided setup and context-sensitive troubleshooting, makes the system easy to use.1