SMART TECHNOLOGY. CLEAR RESULTS.
An inherent property of CO2 is its absorption of infared radiation at a distinct wavelength. Microstream™ technology uses Molecular Correlation Spectroscopy™ technology to help achieve accurate parameter measurements and clear, crisp waveforms, unaffected by the presence of other gases (i.e., O2, N2O, He, or inhaled anesthetics).
Microstream™ technology offers OEM partners:
- Plug-and-play technology — turn on monitor, attach sample line, and begin monitoring
- No individual patient calibration or zero required
- Automatic adjustment for changes in ambient temperature; not impacted by temperature fluctuations
- Low flow 50-mL/minute sample rate, engineered for effectiveness with virtually all patient types and necessary for neonatal sampling
- 0.2-micron sterilizing-grade filter designed to reduce risk of biohazard contamination of the monitor
With Microstream™ technology, OEM partners also have the ability to integrate Smart Capnography™ algorithms into monitoring platforms. These algorithms are designed to help reduce nuisance alarms and simplify the use of capnography monitoring. The algorithms include:
- Smart Breath Detection™ algorithm (SBD): proprietary filter and pattern recognition algorithm screens out low-amplitude “non-breath” etCO2 excursions like snoring, talking, or crying.
- Smart Alarm for Respiratory Analysis™ algorithm (SARA): functioning in combination with the SBD algorithm, SARA manages breath-to-breath variability. It is engineered to reduce the number of nuisance respiratory alarms while providing a comprehensive picture of respiratory status.
- Apnea-Sat Alert™ algorithm (ASA): provides key insights through summary reports of recurring apnea events per hour as well as oxygen desaturations.
- Integrated Pulmonary Index™ algorithm (IPI): proprietary IPI combines four real-time measures — etCO2, SpO2, respiratory rate, and pulse rate — to provide an inclusive assessment of respiratory status in a single number.