Delivering performance beyond expectations
Across the range of products and procedures, LigaSure™ technology delivers a unique combination of pressure and energy to create a consistent seal with each application.
- Provides a combination of pressure and energy to create vessel fusion
- Permanently fuses vessels up to and including 7 mm in diameter and tissue bundles without dissection or isolation
- Average seal cycle is 2 to 4 seconds, when used with the ForceTriad™ energy platform
- Seals withstand three times normal systolic blood pressure
- Feedback-controlled response system automatically discontinues energy delivery when the seal cycle is complete, eliminating the guesswork
LigaSure™ instruments have been found to:
- Have the highest burst pressure, fastest sealing time and were highest rated overall compared to Gyrus PK™*, Harmonic ACE™* and ENSEAL™*
- Reduce blood loss compared to sutures and clips ,
- Reduce procedure time compared to sutures 2,3
- Reduce patient length of stay compared to sutures 2
Compared to mechanical ligation techniques, LigaSure™ technology has been shown to:
- Significantly reduce operative blood loss in colorectal, gynecologic and urologic surgery ,,,,,
- Significantly reduce perioperative blood transfusions in gynecologic, urologic and general surgery 8, ,
- Significantly reduce procedure time in colorectal, gynecologic and urologic surgery 4, 6, 7, 9, ,
- Significantly reduce length of hospital stay in gynecologic and urologic surgery 6, 13
Compared to other energy-based modalities, LigaSure™ technology has been shown to:
- Significantly reduce operative blood loss in colorectal and gynecologic surgery ,,,
- Significantly reduce procedure time in colorectal and gynecologic surgery 14, 17
What is TissueFect™ sensing technology?
TissueFect™ sensing technology is the control system for the ForceTriad™ energy platform, designed to precisely manage energy delivery, creating a range of options for desired tissue effect. TissueFect™ sensing technology monitors changes in tissue impedance 3,333 times a second, and adjusts energy output accordingly to deliver the appropriate amount of energy for the desired tissue effect.
What is LigaSure™ tissue fusion?
LigaSure™ vessel sealing technology has been updated and improved in the ForceTriad™ energy platform, controlled by TissueFect™ sensing technology. LigaSure™ tissue fusion, like LigaSure™ vessel sealing, uses the body’s own collagen and elastin to create a permanent fusion zone. This technology can fuse vessels up to and including 7 mm, lymphatics, tissue bundles and pulmonary vasculature, and has an average seal cycle of two to four seconds in most surgical situations.
Access a clinical publication that compares LigaSure™ technology to three other vessel sealing technologies.