We invented the cordless ultrasonic dissector, so surgeons can have more freedom of movement within their procedures and improved mobility‡, passing2,Ω and contributes to a safer OR.1
We’ve optimised work in tight spaces with a new tapered curved jaw that facilitates precise access to tissue planes2,‡‡, enables visualization of target structures2,‡‡‡ and allows controlled dissection.2
We’ve extended the power supply for longer procedures with a reusable battery pack that delivers 88% more capacity and easier post-procedure management due to the battery’s non-sterile nature.3,4,†††
We’ve modified the re-usable generator so it’s no longer essential to wash manually and is now both autowashable and autoclavable for streamlined cleaning and sterilization.§§
‡ 29 out of 33 surgeons surveyed after use agreed.
Ω 32 out of 33 surgeons surveyed after use agreed.
‡‡ 30 out of 33 surgeons surveyed after use agreed.
‡‡‡ 33 out 33 surgeons surveyed after use agreed.
† 10 out of 13 surgeons surveyed after use agreed. Allows greater visibility of the surgical field than a hemostat-style design.
†† Compared to the first generation Sonicision ™ system.
††† 26 out of 28 (93%) nurses surveyed after use agreed. It is easy to determine when the battery is running low and needs to be replaced.
§ Freedom from interruptions in longer procedures, due to longer battery.
§§ Compared to the first generation SonicisionTM system. Option now available for automatic cleaning.
§§§ 33 out of 33 surgeons surveyed after use agreed. The design of the Sonicision™ curved jaw device enables comfortable use throughout procedures.
ΩΩ Average of single activations.
Φ Average of single activations on bench porcine mesentery.
1. Brogmus G, Leone W, Butler L, Hernandez E. Best practices in OR suite layout and equipment choices to reduce slips, trips, and falls. AORN J. 2007;86(3):384–394.
2. Based on internal test report #R0042752 rev A, Marketing evaluation of surgeon experience using the SonicisionTM curved jaw cordless ultrasonic dissector. Feb. 13–17, Feb. 28, March 3, May 16, 2017.
3. Based on internal test memo #RE00153542 rev B, Battery capacity comparison between first generation SonicisionTM device battery pack (SCB) and the SonicisionTM curved jaw device battery pack (SCBA). May 17, 2018.
4. Based on internal test report #R0049393 rev A, Operating room staff marketing evaluation of the SonicisionTM curved jaw cordless ultrasonic dissector. Dec. 1, 6–7, 2016
5. SonicisionTM Cordless Ultrasonic Dissection System [user’s guide]. Minneapolis, MN: Medtronic, 2016.