Get the most from your therapy
While receiving Medtronic DBS therapy, this will be your go-to place if you have a question, want instructions or need help.
BE MORE YOU
- You can return to your usual activities, always following your doctor's guidance on what's okay and what to avoid.
- DBS will have only minimal impact on your daily activities, the clothes you can wear, or how you travel.
- DBS delivers therapy 24 hours a day, so it will be working to control your symptoms when you wake up first thing in the morning.
- DBS doesn't require any maintenance from you (except for recharging if you have a rechargeable system).
CONTINUE GOING TO YOUR CHECK-UPS
Be sure to attend all the scheduled check-ups with the doctor who manages your DBS therapy. Tell your doctor if your Parkinson's symptoms have changed. Your doctor will:
- Make sure that your DBS system is working properly.
- Adjust your stimulation to best control your symptoms.
- Check the battery of your neurostimulator to see if you will soon need a device replacement.