Patient golfing

Your Healthcare Team

Bradycardia (Slow Heart Rate)

Several types of doctors specialize in treating people with heart conditions. A good first step is to see your primary care doctor. Continue to work with your primary care doctor to manage all aspects of your total healthcare. He or she may advise you to see one or more specialists to manage your heart condition.

Heart Specialists

  • Cardiologist
  • Electrophysiologist (EP) or heart rhythm specialist
  • Echocardiologist
  • Heart failure specialist

Other Healthcare Professionals Who May Be Involved in Your Care

  • Cardiovascular nurse
  • Catheter (Cath) lab/electrophysiology (EP) lab nurse
  • Follow-up nurse
  • Cardiovascular technician

Your specialist will typically send back full reports to your primary care doctor who knows your entire medical history and is a key partner in the long-term management of your heart condition.

Information on this site should not be used as a substitute for talking with your doctor. Always talk with your doctor about diagnosis and treatment information.