We know the job application process can be challenging at any company. If you’re currently talking with a Medtronic recruiter or hiring manager, reach out to them with questions. They’re here to help.
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
Sign up for job and event email notification, and select how often you want updates from us.
Also, our social media platforms are a simple way to keep up to date on the latest job opportunities at Medtronic:
- Twitter: We're always tweeting about new job opportunities and employee profiles. Find updates from our recruiting teams, hiring managers, and recent hires.
- LinkedIn: Follow the company's latest news, philanthropic efforts, and find recently posted job opportunities.
- Facebook: Keep us on your newsfeed as we post about new job listings and our community involvement. See what our employees and interns are doing.
- YouTube: Subscribe to our YouTube channel. Watch our videos about career tips, opportunities, Medtronic philanthropy, and our role in healthcare globally.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
When applying for a position, carefully deconstruct the job posting to identify what skills and experience you must have to be considered for the role. The posting identifies the must haves and describes the most important activities to highlight in your qualifications.
Here are the three steps to our hiring process:
- Step 1: Apply
Once you've identified an opportunity, create your account on our system and start the application process. You’ll have a chance to upload your resume/CV, and once your application is submitted, you’ll receive a confirmation email.
Keep that confirmation email so you can see the status of your application in our system via the link.
- Step 2: Assess
Our Talent Acquisition team works diligently with hiring managers to assess candidates for each job opening. If your application is selected, a member of our team will contact you for a preliminary conversation. This begins the dialog to explore the job requirements and how they align with your skills and goals. A follow-up interview is a two-way conversation, so be prepared to answer questions and ask some of your own.
- Step 3: Offer
Our team works hard to ensure we make the right hiring decision for you and for Medtronic. If you’ve successfully completed the interview process and are selected as the candidate we’d like to hire, you’ll receive an offer letter from our Talent Acquisition team. The letter will tell you details about your offer and how to accept or decline.
Here are some things to consider when developing your CV/resume:
- Make your contact information prominent.
- The font size should be no smaller than 10 point and the length should not exceed two pages.
- Put your most recent experience first.
- When reviewing your CV/resume, think about how you can stand out by adding information about how your contributions benefited your team or your company.
- For each CV/resume you send, emphasize the accomplishments and skills that are most relevant to the job for which you are applying.
- Your main selling points should be clear and easy to review.
- Provide details about your accomplishments to allow the hiring manager to picture the level of work and responsibility you have had.
- Be Yourself: During our short interview, we want to get to know you. Who are you, what are you good at, and what do you plan to do with your career? The best way to do that is to be yourself, speak truthfully, sincerely and show your personality.
- Do Your Research: Since Medtronic is a global company that focuses on medical technology and healthcare solutions, we'll expect you to know a little about our history and what we do. We encourage you to become familiar with our industry, the challenges we face, and the competitive landscapes where we operate. A great place to start is by reviewing Medtronic’s Mission statement and corporate responsibility page.
- Show Us Your Passion: Passion is one key characteristic that makes our employees successful. Not just a passion for our technologies and our industry but a passion for learning, innovating and making a difference as global citizens. What are you passionate about? Tell us — we want to know how you’d leverage that passion to be successful at Medtronic.
- Interview Us: We understand you're in the process of making a decision that will impact your career for many years to come. Take this opportunity to ask us about Medtronic's involvement in the community and how we develop our organization, people and vision. Ask questions that are important to you. Our interview is also an opportunity for you to determine if we are right for you and your future.
Know About Us: Today, Medtronic is more than a medical technology leader. We are a healthcare solutions provider. This expanded role requires us to find candidates who are ready to help us achieve our Mission in new and different ways. Collaborating. Forging new partnerships. And stretching the limits of innovation to truly transform the way healthcare is delivered.
To access your application and interview status at any time, log on to our system to check yours. If you need assistance with completing the online application process, please contact AskHR@medtronic.com.
Try to be patient — there may be no status change visible soon after you apply. It takes time to fill a job and there are many variables at play, some completely unrelated to you and your application.