At Medtronic, we strive to do business with suppliers that exceed our expectations. We look for specific criteria in our suppliers that will allow us to do business in an effective and efficient way, while meeting our high quality standards.
- Mature quality management system compliant with applicable standards and regulations
- Commitment to continuous improvement for manufacturability and reliability
- An effective corrective and preventive action system
- Robust change notification and control processes in place
- Innovative practices and technology with industry-leading design capability when necessary
- Lowest total cost competitive pricing: achieved through high quality and low cost processes
- A passion for continuous improvement (Lean Sigma), Design Reliability & Manufacturability (DRM), and value engineering supported at all levels of the organization
- Access to a global supply network
- Effective sub-tier supplier management
- Ability and expertise to provide goods/services to meet or exceed specifications
- Capacity and capability to pivot focus and adjust resources rapidly
- Excellent delivery and customer service
- Financial stability and effective business continuity plans and processes
- Mature risk analysis process and the ability to develop effective process controls that are sustained over time
- Suppliers are expected to comply with Medtronic’s Global Supplier Standards of social and environmental responsibility and ethical business conduct.
- Small and diverse business status is considered during sourcing decisions.