Octopus Evolution AS – The Next Generation Tissue Stabilizer
The newest generation tissue stabilizer from Medtronic demonstrates an enduring commitment to the cardiac surgeon. With all the same features of the Octopus® Evolution – enhanced stability, flexibility, and a lower profile for unlimited positioning options – the Octopus Evolution AS offers an automatic pod spread feature that enhances visibility at the anastomotic site.
Octopus Evolution – Low Profile With Flexibility and Reach
The Octopus Evolution stabilizer provides enhanced stability, flexibility, and a lower profile for unlimited positioning options.
Enhanced stability and flexibility features:
- Improved visualization with:
- Lower profile headlink
- Surgeon controlled pod-spread
- Allowance for multiple device positions including pods-up, pods-down and pods-to-the-side applications
- Increased flexibility and range of motion
- Longer, effective reach of the articulating arm provides easier access to all vessels
- Simple, secure, one-handed engagement of clamp and turret assembly
Octopus 4.3 – The Ultimate in Stability
The new Octopus 4.3 stabilizer features superior arm strength and unmatched stability in the clamp/turret mechanism.
- Dual vacuum tubes offer superior tissue capture
- Internal cable enables arm twisting for maximum access and flexibility
- Reinforced arm links offer better stabilization
- Whale tail tightens easily
- Swivel turret offers access while maximizing visualization
- Head lock design allows “toes up” position, pod spread and bend
- Rigid clamp designed to eliminate rocking
Octopus 4 – Excellent Stability and Flexibility
The Octopus 4 tissue stabilizer includes innovative features, such as clear, malleable pods combined with a smaller diameter, more flexible arm, and an ultra-low headlink profile.
- Pod spreading optimizes sewing space and stability of anastomotic site
- Reduced headlink profile improves visibility of surgical site
- Rigid, multi-material arm reduces movement at the anastomotic site
- Smaller diameter, more flexible arm offers greater flexibility in positioning
- Smaller, color-coded whale tail provides minimal obstruction
- Single vacuum tubing line minimizes obstruction
- Innovative turret design increases effective arm reach, dramatically increasing positioning options with 360-degree movement
Important Safety Information
Not all patients are candidates for beating heart procedures. Some patients would require cardiopulmonary support during surgery.