Octopus Tissue Stabilizers
Our newest generation tissue stabilizer features automatic pod spread for effective visualization.
Octopus Evolution AS – The Next Generation Tissue Stabilizer
The newest generation tissue stabilizer from Medtronic demonstrates an enduring commitment to the cardiac surgeon. With all the same features of the Octopus® Evolution – enhanced stability, flexibility, and a lower profile for unlimited positioning options – the Octopus Evolution AS offers an automatic pod spread feature that enhances visibility at the anastomotic site.
Enhanced Stability and Flexibility With Both Octopus Evolution and Octopus Evolution AS Tissue Stabilizers
- Automatic pod spread for effective visualization of the anastomotic site
- Very secure arm for maximum stabilization
- Greater flexibility enables unlimited positioning options
- Simple, secure, one-handed attachment of clamp to the retractor
Octopus Evolution – Low Profile With Flexibility and Reach
The Octopus Evolution stabilizer provides enhanced stability, flexibility, and a lower profile for unlimited positioning options.
Enhanced stability and flexibility features:
- Improved visualization with:
- Lower profile headlink
- Surgeon controlled pod-spread
- Allowance for multiple device positions including pods-up, pods-down and pods-to-the-side applications
- Increased flexibility and range of motion
- Longer, effective reach of the articulating arm provides easier access to all vessels
- Simple, secure, one-handed engagement of clamp and turret assembly
Octopus 4.3 – The Ultimate in Stability
The new Octopus 4.3 stabilizer features superior arm strength and unmatched stability in the clamp/turret mechanism.
- Dual vacuum tubes offer superior tissue capture
- Internal cable enables arm twisting for maximum access and flexibility
- Reinforced arm links offer better stabilization
- Whale tail tightens easily
- Swivel turret offers access while maximizing visualization
- Head lock design allows “toes up” position, pod spread and bend
- Rigid clamp designed to eliminate rocking
Octopus 4 – Excellent Stability and Flexibility
The Octopus 4 tissue stabilizer includes innovative features, such as clear, malleable pods combined with a smaller diameter, more flexible arm, and an ultra-low headlink profile.
- Pod spreading optimizes sewing space and stability of anastomotic site
- Reduced headlink profile improves visibility of surgical site
- Rigid, multi-material arm reduces movement at the anastomotic site
- Smaller diameter, more flexible arm offers greater flexibility in positioning
- Smaller, color-coded whale tail provides minimal obstruction
- Single vacuum tubing line minimizes obstruction
- Innovative turret design increases effective arm reach, dramatically increasing positioning options with 360-degree movement
Important Safety Information
Not all patients are candidates for beating heart procedures. Some patients would require cardiopulmonary support during surgery.