15th European Conference on Perfusion Education and Training
The 15th European Conference on Perfusion Education and Training (ECoPEaT) was held in Amsterdam, The Netherlands on October 3, 2015, the Saturday before the Congress of the European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons (EACTS). Medtronic, a primary corporate sponsor, supports the European Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (EBCP) in bringing together at an international level perfusionists and allied health professionals to discuss standards and learn about technology updates and changes. The theme of this year's meeting was "Strategies in Adult & Pediatric Perfusion."
The formal scientific agenda featured five speakers whose presentations focused on the clinical use of the Affinity Fusion® Oxygenation System in unusual and extreme clinical situations, in mini bypass, and in combination with the Spectrum M series technology for patient monitoring:
- Modular Minimal Invasive Extracorporeal Circulation (MiECC) Systems as the Standard Practice for Performing Cardiac Surgery
Professor Kyriakos Anastasiadis, Chief of Cardiac Surgery, AHEPA University Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Fusion Oxygenator Edinburgh Retrospective Investigation in Routine Clinical Use Since 2012
Andy Stone, chief perfusionist, Royal Infirmary Trust Edinburgh, Scotland
- Oxygenator Performance Characteristics in a 2.93m2 BSA patient — A case report
Anatole Kanevsky CCP, Chief Perfusionist, Westchester Medical Center, New York, USA
- 3/8" Venous Line without Vacuum — What are the Limits?
Carole Hamilton, Chief of Perfusion, Schön Klinik, Vogtareuth, Germany
- The Comparison of the Gold Standard Blood Gas to the Real-time Spectrum Non-invasive Blood Gas Monitoring System for Maintaining the Patients Physiological Pa-rameters during CPB
James Ferguson CCP, Chief of Clinical Perfusion, Phoenix, AZ, USA
For more information click here.