Anything with electricity gives off electromagnetic energy (EMC), which may affect the normal operation of your implanted heart device. Most electromagnetic energy fields are too small or weak to affect your heart device, but electrical items with a strong energy field may affect the therapy delivered by your device.
Our Electromagnetic Compatibility Guide details some of the most frequently asked questions regarding household and hobby items, tools and industrial equipment, communications and office equipment, and medical and dental procedures. Talk to your doctor or call patient services if you have specific questions about electromagnetic compatibility.
Here are a few common items that produce LARGE electromagnetic fields, and should be avoided or kept at a large distance from your heart device: