You just clicked a link to go to another website. If you continue, you will leave this site and go to a site run by someone else.
It is possible that some of the products on the other site not be licensed for sale in Canada.
Your browser is out of date
With an updated browser, you will have a better Medtronic website experience. Update my browser now.
By choosing to accept, you acknowledge that you are a Certified Healthcare Professional.
1. Which of the following is not an important risk factor for stroke?
a) Insufficient exercise
d) Nut allergy
2. What is the most important action to take if someone is having a stroke?
a) Call 911
b) Drive them to the nearest hospital
c) Have a glass of water
d) Check their blood sugar
3. When it comes to stroke, what does FAST stand for?
a) Fast, Arms, Speech, Therapy
b) Face, Arms, Speed, Treatment
c) Face, Arms, Speech, Time
4. A device called a stent retriever can help remove a blood clot causing ischemic stroke.
5. What is atrial fibrillation?
a) A fast, irregular heartbeat
b) Ringing in the ear
c) Fear of roller coasters
d) Dizziness from unknown cause
6. 25 – 40% of ischemic strokes appear to have no determined cause?
7. Which of the following methods are used to monitor ischemic strokes with no determined cause?
a) Holter monitor
b) Insertable cardiac monitor
c) Watchful waiting
d) All of the above
1: d, 2: a, 3: c, 4: true, 5: a, 6: true, 7: d