Symbotex™ composite mesh is our latest mesh designed for laparoscopic and open ventral repair. Symbotex™ mesh brings improved ease of use as well as optimal repair performance for your patients, with excellent tissue integration and minimized visceral attachments.
Symbotex™ mesh is available in a large variety of shapes and sizes for laparoscopic hernia repair, with specific subranges dedicated to laparoscopic and open surgery.
Learn about the innovative features of Symbotex™ composite mesh.
Watch a product demonstration during a ventral hernia repair.
See how our ReliaTack™ device and Symbotex™ composite mesh work better together.
Smart Design: Innovative mesh features for streamlined performance
Smart Handling: Experience simplicity in hernia repair
Smart Repair: Designed to offer patients optimal hernia repair performance
1. Based on the results of the Covidien-sponsored preclinical study carried out on a porcine model to validate the design of Symbotex™ composite mesh - Covidien design validation report 0901CR249a (June 2013)
2. Documented in the design verification report issued by Covidien in July 2013 - Covidien design verification report 0901CR247b (July 2013)
3. Size & shape comparison chart
4. Except in cases where transfacial sutures are used as well as meshes in open approach
5. Demonstrated in a preclinical study sponsored by Covidien, carried out on pigs in May 2013 with 6 surgeons and aiming at validating the design of Symbotex™ composite mesh - Covidien internal report 0901CR252a (June 2013)
6. Definition of the Symbotex™ clinging effect observed during the design validation conducted by Covidien in a porcine model in May 2013 - Covidien internal memorandum 0901CR261a (July 2013)
7. Four weeks after implantation
8. Evaluated in a preclinical study sponsored by Covidien, conducted in April 2013, and comparing local tissue effects and integration, collagen film degradation and tissue attachment performance of Symbotex™ composite mesh with Ventralight™* ST mesh and Physiomesh™* flexible composite mesh in a porcine model - Namsa report No.163905 (October 2013)
9. Comparison of the physical and mechanical properties of Symbotex™ composite mesh to those of Parietex™ optimized composite mesh through a bench study conducted by Covidien in July 2013 - Covidien internal report TEX043 (July 2013)