The PillCam™ COLON 2 system allows for direct visualization of the colon.1,2 This innovative capsule endoscopy solution provides clear images of the colon to support the detection of polyps with a minimally invasive, patient-friendly device.1,2
The second generation capsule has innovative features like adaptive frame rate technology, advanced optics, and an extra-wide angle of view.2,3,4 The PillCam™ COLON 2 system includes everything you need to perform a capsule endoscopy procedure, record images, and interpret the results.
Incomplete optical colonoscopies occur in 4–25%4 of screening patients, often requiring an out-of-practice referral for CT Colonography (CTC).
PillCam™ COLON 2 capsule provides physicians a potential solution for patients who need another option after an incomplete colonoscopy with adequate preparation, allowing a complete examination in up to 97% of patients.5
This solution is designed to help deliver:
See the most clinically relevant study images to help you identify pathologies.
Note: The Top 100 features is not intended to detect pathology in lieu of a physician and should not be used as a substitute for reviewing the entire video.
Compare pathologies for confident diagnosis.
PillCam™ COLON 2 system is compatible with PillCam™ software generations 8.3 and newer. This allows you to interpret PillCam™ COLON 2 studies using the same interface and tools you’ve become accustomed to with PillCam™ Small Bowel capsules.
Improved GI map
Provides a graphical representation of the progress of the capsule through the small bowel and colon. This feature is available with both the PillCam™ sensor array and belt.
Adaptive frame rate technology optimizes tissue coverage.
Full reading training is available with the technology.
PillCam™ COLON 2 capsule
PillCam™ COLON 2 capsule is a camera within a capsule that captures images as it travels through the colon.
PillCam™ COLON 2 sensor belt
The PillCam™ COLON 2 sensor belt is worn around the patient's waist over a single layer of clothing and can be adjusted to achieve the most comfortable fit.
PillCam™ COLON 2 sensor array
The PillCam™ COLON 2 sensor array features an 8-lead sensor, which is placed on the patient’s body to receive transmission data from the PillCam™ COLON 2 capsule.
PillCam™ Recorder 3
The PillCam™ recorder 3 is a recording device with a built in real-time viewer, which is worn by the patient during the PillCam™ procedure. Following the procedure, the physician downloads the images from the PillCam™ recorder 3 for interpretation.
The PillCam™ COLON 2 capsule has a Category I CPT code established? Ask your account manager about CPT code 91113 for direct visualization of the colonic mucosa.
Information for patients preparing for a PillCam™ COLON 2 procedure
Quick reference for reading a PillCam™ COLON 2 study using PillCam™ software v9
Quick reference for staff preparing to perform a PillCam™ COLON 2 procedure
1. PillCam Software v.9 user manual. DOC-2926-01. August 2017.
2. Eliakim R, Yassin K, Niv Y, Metzger J, Lachter J, Gal E, et al. Prospective multicenter performance evaluation of the second-generation colon capsule compared with colonoscopy. Endoscopy. 2009 Dec;41(12):1026-31.
3. Spada C, Hassan C, Munoz-Navas M, Neuhaus H, Deviere J, Fockens P, et al. Second generation PillCam™ COLON capsule compared with colonoscopy. Gastrointest Endosc. 2011;74(3):581-589.
4. Franco DL, Leighton JA, Gurudu SR. Approach to incomplete colonoscopy: new techniques and technologies. Gastroenterol Hepatol (NY). 2017 Aug;13(8):476-483. PMID: 28867979; PMCID: PMC5572961.
5. Baltes P, Bota M, Albert J, et al. PillCam™ Colon 2 after incomplete colonoscopy — A prospective multicenter study. World J Gastroenterol. 2018;24(31):3556-3566. doi:10.3748/wjg.v24.i31.3556.
6. Deding U, Kaalby L, Bøggild H, Plantener E, Wollesen MK, Kobaek-Larsen M, Hansen SJ, Baatrup G. Colon capsule endoscopy vs. CT colonography following incomplete colonoscopy: a systematic review with meta-analysis. Cancers. 2020; 12(11):3367.