THE Intellis™ Platform Spinal Cord Stimulation
This section of the website is aimed at members of the medical community (doctors, nursing professions, hospital administration, health insurance companies, etc.), if you’re a patient, please visit here.
The Intellis™ Platform is designed to optimise your procedure as well as provide the opportunity to deliver meaningful patient outcomes.
The lntellis™ implantable neurostimulator is powered by proprietary Overdrive™ battery technology. It is designed to overcome limitations with current SCS systems and is optimised for the increased energy demands of High Dose (HD) therapy. The lntellis™ Platform uses a tablet with wireless programming and a neurostimulator that can record patient activity around the clock. Snapshot™ reporting allows physicians to objectively monitor a patient’s progress. Additional Medtronic exclusive features – AdaptiveStim™ and SureScan™ full-body MRI technologies – are also part of the Intellis™ Platform.
The EvolveSM Workflow gives standardized guidance on how to use HD and LD for patients with chronic back and leg pain. The FocusSM Workflow gives guidance on how to apply Peripheral Nerve Stimulation (PNS) for patients with chronic back pain. Click on the links to the right to learn more.
Why are they important?
“Subjective outcomes, such as VAS and ODI are helpful - but not enough. We need more objective data to help us see what is truly happening and changing in the life of a patient who is receiving Spinal Cord Stimulation. It can then help us see them getting better, and help us show them that they are getting better”.
Prof. Maarten Moens, Belgium
- World’s smallest implantable SCS neurostimulator.
- Overdrive battery technology optimized for the increased energy demands of HD therapies. 1 hour recharge from empty to full.
- SnapShot reporting transforms patient conversations from subjective to objective.
- The EvolveSM Workflow - standardised guidance to simplify the trial and implant experience and optimize patient therapy.
- AdaptiveStim™ technology adjusts stimulation dose automatically. It delivers the right dose to the right location, as the pain target shifts with different body positions.
- SureScanSM MRI technology gives SCS patients the broadest access to MRI* because it allows MRI scans anywhere on the body, under certain conditions.
- Smallest fully implantable
spinal cord neurostimulator
- ~1 hour recharge - empty to full
- Improved battery performance
with minimal capacity fade
- Designed for patient comfort
and more flexible placement
during the implant
WIRELESS EXTERNAL NEUROSTIMULATOR
- Wireless, sterile single-use external neurostimulator simplifies testing during trial and implant
- Designed for patient comfort and convenience
- Tablet with touchscreen interface
- Secure, wireless programming outside the sterile field
- Tailored programming workflows
- Electronic transfer of a variety of reports
- Bluetooth™ Communication
- Requires the use of the lntellis™ clinician programmer app and communicator device
PROGRAMMER AND RECHARGER
- Recharge from fully depleted battery
- Easy-to-adjust therapy
- Easy-to-read interface
- Large, pliable recharge antenna designed for patient comfort
- 1x8 Vectris and Vectris SureScan™ MRI percutaneous leads and lnjex anchoring system models 97791 and 97792
- 16-electrode Specify SureScan™ MRI surgical leads
- The lntellis™ SCS neurostimulation system is indicated for SCS as an aid in the management of chronic, intractable pain of the trunk and/or limbs, peripheral vascular disease, or intractable angina pectoris.
- The lntellis™ PNS neurostimulation system is indicated for PNS as an aid in the management of chronic, intractable pain of the posterior trunk.
MANUALS AND TECHNICAL GUIDES
Access prescriber, implant, MRI, and other manuals on the Medtronic Manual Library. Search by the product name (lntellis) or model number (97715).
* Under specific conditions and requires SureScan™ MRI implantable neurostimulator and leads. Refer to product labeling for full list of conditions.
See the device manual for detailed information regarding the instructions for use, the implant procedure, indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and potential adverse events. If using an SureScan™ MRI device, see the SureScan™ MRI technical manual before performing an MRI. For further information, contact your local Medtronic representative and/or consult the Medtronic website at www.medtronic.nl
Consult instructions for use at this website. Manuals can be viewed using a current version of any major Internet browser. For best results, use Adobe Acrobat Reader® with the browser.