Dysplastic Barrett’s is associated with an increased risk of developing esophageal adenocarcinoma.1,2
The majority of individuals with Barrett’s esophagus are undiagnosed in Europe.3
Radiofrequency Ablation has been shown to reduce neoplastic progression in patients with high grade dysplasia (HGD) and low grade dysplasia (LGD).4,5
We want to let patients and their families know that there are valuable tools available to physicians in diagnosing GORD and powerful treatment options for Barrett's oesophagus.
Watch the inspiring journey of Juan Carlos, a Barrett’s oesophagus patient.
The new Barrx™ 360 Express RFA Balloon Catheter eliminates the need for a sizing step helping physicians lower procedural time by up to 20%11 by reducing procedural steps and enhancing ease-of-use features, including the ability to custom fit the device to various esophagus diameter sizes.
Its Adjustable Custom Fit Provides Targeted Precision Therapy - Allowing Physician Ease and Efficiency.
1. Sharma P, McQuaid K, Dent J, et al. A critical review of the diagnosis and management of Barrett's esophagus: the AGA Chicago Workshop. Gastroenterology 2004;127:310–330.
2. Sharma P. Clinical practice. Barrett's esophagus. N Engl J Med 2009;361:2548–2556
3. Lao Sirieix P, Fitzgerald RC, et al. Screening for oesophageal cancer. Nat Rev Clin Oncol 9: 2012; 278-287
4. Phoa et al. Radiofrequency Ablation vs Endoscopic Surveillance for Patients With Barrett Esophagus and Low-Grade Dysplasia: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2014;311(12):1209-1217. doi:10.1001/jama.2014.2511
5. Shaheen et al. Radiofrequency ablation in Barrett’s esophagus with dysplasia. N Engl J Med 2009;360:2277-88.
6. Sant M, et al. EUROCARE-4. Survival of cancer patients diagnosed in 1995-1999. Results and commentary. 2009 Apr;45(6):931-91. doi: 10.1016/j.ejca.2008.11.018. Epub 2009 Jan 24.
7. Ferlay J, et al. Cancer incidence and mortality patterns in Europe: estimates for 40 countries in 2012. Eur J Cancer. 2013 Apr;49(6):1374-403. doi: 10.1016/j.ejca.2012.12.027.
8. Pohl H, Welch G, et al. The role of over diagnosis and reclassification in the marked increase of esophageal adenocarcinoma incidence. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005;97:142-6. 1133-45. doi: 10.1002/ijc.27711. Epub 2012 Jul 26.
9. Internally derived estimate based on indirect costs in lost productivity in France (€555 million) from oesophageal cancer.
10. Whiteman DC, et al. Australian clinical practice guidelines for the diagnosis and management of Barrett's esophagus and early esophageal adenocarcinoma. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2015; 30: 804-20.
11. K. Belghazi, R. E. Pouw, C. M. Sondermeijer, Et Al. Safety And Efficacy Of Circumferential Radiofrequency Ablation Of Barrett’s Esophagus Using The Barrx™ 360 Express Rfa Balloon Catheter: Results Of A Pilot Study.