We are dedicated to innovating stapling devices.
From the development of the earliest surgical staplers to the current advanced staple design of Tri-Staple™, Medtronic remains dedicated to the kinds of stapling innovations that our customers have come to depend on.
At Medtronic we leverage over 50 years of experience to bring our customers high quality and consistent solutions for open and minimally invasive surgical procedures.
Circular stapling now comes with Tri-Staple™ technology. That means more security1,2,3,†,‡ and a potential for greater perfusion at the staple line4,5,†,§
Tri-Staple™ technology is a proprietary Medtronic stapling innovation which in recent years has transformed endoscopic stapling and is now set to do the same in open procedures.
Tri-Staple™ reloads have some fundamental differences to legacy technology that brings a host of clinical advantages for you and your patients.10,11,12
Medtronic's portfolio of Staplers for use in Open Surgical Procedures
Linear Staplers/ Circular Staplers/ Linear Cutters/ Hemorrhoidal
Medtronic's portfolio of Stapling Reloads and handles for use in Endoscopic Surgical Procedures
Tri-Staple™ technology/ Speciality Reloads/ Manual & Smart Handles
Medtronic's Procedural Kits support Healthcare Professionals become more efficient in managing daily duties while improving quality of patient care
† Preclinical results may not correlate with clinical performance in humans.
‡ Based on the addition of a third row of staples in the EEA™ circular stapler with Tri-Staple™ technology, as compared to predicate two row device designs.
§ Compared to two-row staplers.
†† 15 out of 16 surgeons surveyed after use agreed when compared to larger 12 mm reloads.
‡‡ Tested using the Endo GIA™ handle with Signia™ small diameter 45 mm white 2.5 mm reload versus Ethicon Echelon Flex™* powered vascular stapler with 35 mm white 2.5 mm reload. Preclinical results may not correlate with clinical performance.
1. Based on internal test report #2128-194, Comparison of EEA™ circular stapler with Tri-Staple™ technology to EEA™ circular stapler with DST Series™ technology in colocolonic and gastrojejunal anastomoses. Aug. 20, 2015.
2. Based on internal test report #RE0036707, Pilot: comparison of EEA™ circular stapler with Tri-Staple™ technology to EEA™ circular stapler with DST Series™ technology in an esophago-gastrostomy using a canine model. Feb. 25, 2015.
3. Based on internal test report #2128-097, Evaluation of early wound healing events in gastrojejunostomies and colonic anastomosis using a three row EEA™ stapler in canines. Aug. 7, 2013.
4. Based on internal test report #PCG-007, Media absorbency under clamped conditions. Aug. 6, 2012.
5. Based on internal test report #2128-002-2, Extrapolation of perfusion studies performed for Endo GIA™ with Tri-Staple™ technology: final analysis of staple line vascularity using MicroCT. April 27, 2015.
6. Based on internal report #RE00014682, Small diameter reload summative usability. June 19–20, 22, 2017.
7. Based on report #RE00142825. Image creation for Signia™ small diameter reload. March 26, 2019.
8. Based on internal report #RE00190239, Signia™ small diameter reload chronic study statistical analysis. March 26, 2019.
9. Based on claim No. 1 of software requirements specifications (SRS) and 510k testing.
10. Based on internall sponsored study by ORC International Survey of tissue reinforcement users to determine waste and time loss attributed to separately loaded buttress materials in the OR. Online U.S. national sample of 125 surgeons and 125 OR nurses. November 9, 2011
11. 2183-089 Histology Results-Thoracic GLP (R0058122). 2183-090 Histology Results-Abdominal GLP (R0058123).
12. Based on internal test report #2183-027. Reinforced reload pre-clinical testing, abrasion assessment of staple line reinforcement materials in the thorax of a canine. April 2013; and test report #2183-034. Reinforced reload pre-clinical testing, substantial equivalence chronic study between Neoveil™* and SeamGuard™* in the abdominal cavity of canines. May 2013.