Medtronic’s unrivalled portfolio of products makes us a leader in the field of bariatric & metabolic surgery.
Developed in partnership with health care professionals, our innovative technologies produce consistent and reliable performance, even in the most challenging cases.
At the heart of this - our long history of manufacturing & supplying quality products, and our commitment to developing meaningful and economically beneficial solutions.
Thanks to our long-standing partnership with hospitals, we know it can be hard to provide quality services with a tight budget. We create innovative products to simplify your workflow and make your procedures more time- and cost-efficient.
Introducing the VersaOne™ access system – an easy-to-use, universal trocar platform that gives you the performance, choice, peace of mind and consistency that you asked for, all in one simple solution.
Surgeons told us they needed a specimen retrieval bag that’s strong, easy-to-use, and reliable. We responded with a system that meets those expectations — and more.
Our ReliaCatch™ specimen retrieval bag was designed to bring peace of mind to the OR. That means it’s exceptionally strong — and simple to use.1-3
When we invented the cordless ultrasonic dissector, we wanted to provide surgeons with more freedom of movement during their procedures§ — and a safer OR.4
In your hands, our energy solutions have been setting the standard of patient care for nearly 50 years. But the challenges of today’s healthcare system demand we go further — with technologies that bring even greater efficiency to procedures.
That’s why we created the LigaSure™ retractable L-hook laparoscopic instrument. The functionality of five laparoscopic devices come together in one versatile instrument — with the reliable performance of LigaSure™ technology and Valleylab™ monopolar energy.5
Tissue varies but your staple lines shouldn’t. That's why the Signia™ stapling system delivers consistent staple lines6,7 — across variable tissue — and the benefits they bring to patients.
The world’s first smart stapler, the Signia™ system combines the proven performance of Tri-Staple™ technology with the power of real-time feedback. Our reposable handle also gives you the precision of fully powered rotation, articulation, and firing8 with one hand.9
The V-Loc™ wound closure device is a revolutionary technology that eliminates the need to tie knots, so you can close incisions up to 50% faster without compromising strength and security.10,11
Designed for secure, fast, and effective12,13 incision closure for your patients.
Tri-Staple™ technology reloads are designed to work in harmony with the natural properties of tissue to optimize performance before, during and after stapling.
Our aspiration and strategy is to build partnerships with healthcare stakeholders with joint accountability to deliver outcomes based value in healthcare.
§29 out of 33 surgeons surveyed after use agreed.
1. Based on internal test report #RE00077194, Bag and device reliability memo. 2016.
2. Based on internal test report #RE00007964, ReliaCatch™ specimen retrieval bag summative validation. 2016.
3. Based on internal test report #RE00072916, ReliaCatch™ specimen retrieval bag 10 mm and 12 mm claims matrix benchmark data. For CATCH10, as compared with Applied Inzii™*, Anchor Tissue Retrieval System™*, Ethicon EndoPouch™*, Genicon GeniStrong™* and predicate Endo Catch™ Gold device. For CATCH12, as compared with Genicon GeniStrong™* 12 mm and Applied Inzii™* 12/15 mm. 2016.
4. Brogmus G, Leone W, Butler L, Hernandez E. Best practices in OR suite layout and equipment choices to reduce slips, trips, and falls. AORN J. 2007;86(3):384–394.
5. Refer to IFU for full list of product indications for use
6. Based on internal test report #R2146-151-0, Powered stapling firing speed DOE analysis and ASA parameters. 2015.
7. Based on internal test report #R2146-173-0, ASA verification testing with slow speed force limit evaluation. 2015.
8. Drew S, Tarek T, Donald P. UCONN biodynamics final report on results focusing on biomechanical exposures related to laparoscopic stapler use. Report #RE00022065. 2012.
9. Based on internal test report #RE00024826, Signia™ stapling system summative usability report, Rev A. January 2016.
10. Time Motion Study – Comparison of wound closure time using conventional techniques and knotless, self-anchoring surgical sutures in ex-vivo porcine model for both single layer and double layer closure in all closure techniques. Royal College of Surgeons, London, UK; Covidien V-Loc™ 180 Absorbable Wound Closure Device Time Study, Robert T. Grant, MD, MSc, FACS, New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Argent Global Services.
11. Utilization of a Porcine Model to Demonstrate the Efficacy of an Absorbable Barbed Suture for Dermal Closure, UTSW, S. Brown.
12. Alessandri F, Remorgida V, Venturini PL, Ferrero S, et al. Unidirectional barbed suture versus continuous suture with intracorporeal knots in laparoscopic myomectomy: a randomized study. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2010;17(6):725-729.
13. Rubin JP, Hunstad JP, Polynice A, Gusenoff JA, et al. A multicenter randomized controlled trial comparing absorbable barbed sutures versus conventional absorbable sutures for dermal closure in open surgical procedures. Aesthet Surg J. 2014;34(2):272-283.