Conclusion: T-MWA is a safe and effective treatment for CLM with no biliary complications reported in more than 200 ablated lesions. LTPFS is affected by lesion size at ablation, number of lesions, minimal ablation margin, and intra-segment progression. CBA modifies kinetics growth of the lesions but deteriorates ablation margins and does not significantly impact local tumor progression-free survival.
Authors: Francesco De Cobelli et al. Published by: Eur Radiol.. 2022
Study design: A single-center, retrospective cohort study comparing 48 subjects with hepatic tumors (total 56 tumors) treated with Emprint™ ablation system with Thermosphere™ technology to subjects who underwent conventional high-frequency MWA (n=20) or low-frequency MWA (n=20).
Authors: Thomas J. Vogl et al. Published by: Int Journal of Hyperthermia, 2018.
Using our patented Thermosphere™ technology, the Emprint™ HP ablation generator enables a minimally invasive procedure with:
Watch this liver ablation procedural video using the Emprint™ Ablation System with Thermosphere™ Technology by:
from San Luigi Gonzaga Hospital, Orbassano - Italy
This course provides participants with a better understanding of best practices for Emprint™ ablation procedures with the aim of improving patient outcomes.. In this online training, you will learn about:
This course is designed for Interventional radiologists.
We will be attending CIRSE from September 10-14, in Barcelona, Spain.
We have organized two hands-on training sessions with EmprintTM HP:
How to optimise interventional oncology outcomes using microwave ablation (MWA)
Sunday, September 11
Speakers: Prof. M. Meijerink, Amsterdam (NL), Dr. M. Calandri, Turin (IT)
Succeful management of non- resectable liver tumors is about more than what you remove. It's about what you leave behind too.
The EmprintTM HP Ablation System supports your journey from careful planning to predictable success.
Successful management of nonresectable liver tumors is about more than what you remove — it’s about what you leave behind, too. The Emprint™ ablation system enables a minimally invasive procedure that provides immediate, repeatable results4 and can help lower the chance of recurrence.8 This procedure can also be combined with additional therapies and help you give your patients a more comprehensive treatment.6
Greater Coverage. Fewer Antennas.
Less Collateral Damage.
Customer technical service center for gastrointestinal & hepatology products.
Early detection and treatment of chronic GI diseases and cancers can be key to better outcomes. Discover how we can support you in achieving proactive GI care for your patients.
For additional information or to place an order, please call Customer Service at +44 (0) 19 2320 2504.
|Order Code||Description||Length||Unit of Measure||Quantity|
|CARTHP||Emprint™ HP Ablation Cart||Box||1|
|CAGENHP||Emprint™ HP Ablation Generator with Thermosphere™ Technology||Box||1|
|Emprint™ Short Percutaneous Antenna with Thermosphere™ Technology Large Spherical Ablation Zone||15 cm||Box||1|
|CA20L2||Emprint™ Standard Percutaneous Antenna with Thermosphere™ Technology Large Spherical Ablation Zone||20 cm||Box||1|
|CA30L2||Emprint™ Long Percutaneous Antenna with Thermosphere™ Technology Large Spherical Ablation Zone||30 cm||Box||1|
|CAPUMP1||Emprint™ Ablation Pump||Box||1|
|CA190RC1||Emprint™ Ablation Reusable Cable||190 cm||Box||1|
|RTP20||Cool-tip™ RF Ablation Remote Temperature Probe E Series||20 cm||Each||1|
Emprint™ HP ablation system procedures are supported with percutaneous antennas and a remote temperature probe.
Contact us to learn more about the advantages of microwave ablation and how the EmprintTM HP Ablation System can support your journey from careful planning to predicatble success.
† Independent study was performed using the 100 W Emprint™ ablation generator. A total of 56 tumors ablated with the Emprint™ ablation system had a median size of 1.4 cm (range 0.4 to 3.7 cm).
1. Chen MS, Li JQ, Zheng Y, et al. A prospective randomized trial comparing percutaneous local ablative therapy and partial hepatectomy for small hepatocellular carcinoma. Ann Surg. 2006 Mar;243(3):321–328.
2. Hocquelet A, Balageas P, Laurent C, et al. Radiofrequency ablation versus surgical resection for hepatocellular carcinoma within the Milan criteria: A study of 281 Western patients. Int J Hyperthermia. 2015;31(7):749–757.
3. Zhang M. Ma H, Zhang J, He L, Ye X, Li X. Comparison of microwave ablation and hepatic resection for hepatocellular carcinoma: a meta analysis. Onco Targets Ther. 2017;10:4829–4839.
4. De Cobelli F, Marra P, Ratti F, et al. Microwave ablation of liver malignancies: comparison of effects and early outcomes of percutaneous and intraoperative approaches with different liver conditions. Med Oncol. 2017;34(4):49.
5. Vogl TJ, Basten LM, Nour-Eldin A, et al. Evaluation of microwave ablation of liver malignancy with enabled constant spatial energy control to achieve a predictable spherical ablation zone. Int J Hyperthermia. 2018;34(4):492–500.
6. Ruers T, Van Coevorden F, Punt CJA, et al. Local treatment of unresectable colorectal liver metastases: Results of a randomized phase II trial. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2017;109(9):djx015.
7. Drake TM, Harrison EM. Malignant liver tumours. Surgery. 2017;35(12):707–714.
8. Takahashi H et al. Local Recurrence After Microwave Thermosphere Ablation of Malignant Liver Tumors: Results of a Surgical Series. Surgery 2018 Apr;163(4):709-713.
9. Based on internal test report #RE00085432, An acute GLP study to evaluate the performance and safety of the Emprint SX ablation platform in a porcine model. 2017
10. Versus the Emprint™ ablation generator. Based on internal testing data RE00205202 Emprint™ Performance Report, dated Jan 2020.
11. Imajo K, Tomeno W, Kanezaki M, et al. New microwave ablation system for unresectable liver tumors that forms large, spherical ablation zones. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018;33(12):2007–2014.
12. Zaidi N, Okoh A, Yigitbas H, et al. Laparoscopic microwave thermosphere ablation of malignant liver tumors: An analysis of 53 cases. J Surg Oncol. 2016;113(2):130–134.
13. Based on internal testing report R0043973, In vivo performance testing of the Emprint™ microwave ablation system in a porcine model. March 2014.
14. Based on internal testing report R0054596, Emprint™ MWA System with CT Imaging in a porcine model. April 2016.
15. Howk K L C, Peterson D, Cafaro A. Consistent and predictable spherical ablation shape in both liver and lung: performance of the Emprint™ ablation system with Thermosphere™ technology in an in vivo porcine model [Poster 129]. Journal of Vascular. 2015.
16. Ierardi AM, Mangano A, Floridi C, et al. A new system of microwave ablation at 2450 MHz: preliminary experience. Updates Surg. 2015;67(1):39–45.
17. De Cobelli F, Marra P, Ratti F, et al. Microwave ablation of liver malignancies: comparison of effects and early outcomes of percutaneous and intraoperative approaches with different liver conditions. Med Oncol. 2017;34(4):49.
18.Emprint vs Emprint HP Ablation Performance Comparision Memo Lefthand 2.0