Please note you are entering now content intended only for Healthcare Professionals.
Are you a HCP?
The Veriset™ hemostatic patch works in two ways:
Both parts together help to ensure high efficacy hemostasis can be achieved.
† Based on surgeon/customer validation. In several clinical investigations, the median times to hemostasis were within 1 minute. In one clinical investigation, the median time to hemostasis was within 1.5 minutes when used in cardiovascular application.
1. Öllinger R, Mihaljevic AL, Schuhmacher C, et al. A multicentre, randomized clinical trial comparing the Veriset™ hemostatic patch with fibrin sealant for the management of bleeding during hepatic surgery. HPB (Oxford). 2013;15(7):548-58. doi: 10.1111/hpb.12009.
2. Schuhmacher C, Pratschke J, Weiss S, et al. Safety and effectiveness of a synthetic hemostatic patch for intraoperative soft tissue bleeding. Med Devices. 2015;8:167–174.
3. Glineur D, Hendrikx M, Krievins D, et al. A randomized, controlled trial of Veriset™ hemostatic patch in halting cardiovascular bleeding. Med Devices: Evidence and Research. 2018;11:65-75
4. Based on internal test report # TR1431, Hemostasis Patch: Evaluation of Product Performance Against Product Specification in an Acute Pre-Clinical Model. June 2010.
5. Bajerova Martina, Krejcova Katerina, Rabiskova Miloslava, et al. Oxycellulose: Significant Characteristics in Relation to Its Pharmaceutical and Medical Application. Advances in Polymer Technology. Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 199–208. Science Direct. Oxidized Cellulose. https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/oxidized-cellulose. Accessed Feb. 25, 2020.
6. Based on internal test report TR1444, Long-term Evaluation of a Polyethylene Glycol(PEG)/Oxidized Cellulose Hemostatic Patch after Liver Resection in a Porcine Model. June 2011.
7. Based on internal test report #TR1478, Evaluation of Veriset™ after Laparoscopic Liver Resection in Porcine Model. June 2013
8. Based on internal testing report #TR1477, Veriset Stability at Maximum Irradiation Dose - 104 week Final Report. March 2015
9. Veriset Hemostatic Patch [instruction for use], North Haven, CT - USA : Medtronic 2018
10. Based on internal report #COVEULV0032, A Prospective, Multi-Center, Randomized, Single-Blind Study to Compare the Hemostatic Patch to Fibrin Sealant TachoSil™* in Subjects undergoing Hepatic Surgery, appendix B. January 2012.
11. Based on internal test report #COVEUCV0140-CSR - A Premarket, Prospective, Randomized, Single-Blind Study to Compare the Veriset™ Hemostatic Patch to TachoSil™* as an Adjunct to Hemostasis in Subjects Undergoing Cardiovascular Surgery. March 2014.
12. Based on internal testing report #TR1428, Evaluation of a Polyethylene Glycol (PEG)/Oxidized Cellulose Hemostatic Patch on the Anastomotic site in a Porcine CABG Model. March 2011