Designed to address key issues in laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair, ProGrip™ laparoscopic self-fixating mesh delivers tack-free fixation over the entire anatomy2, including below the inguinal ligament where traditional tacks cannot be placed.
1. Covidien Internal Test Report 0902CR123. Data on File (June 2012).
2. Kolbe, T, Hollinsky, C, Walter, I, Joachim, A, Rulicke, T. Influence of a new self-gripping hernia mesh on male fertility in a rat model. Surgical Endoscopy 2010; 24: 455-461.
2a. ProGrip™ laparoscopic self-fixating mesh Instructions For Use.
3. Covidien Internal Test Report 0902CR114. Data on File (October 2011). Bard™* soft mesh and Bard™* 3DMax light mesh have the same textile base.
4. Laxa, B, Jacob, B. An ongoing prospective study evaluating self-gripping mesh (Parietex ProGrip™) without additional fixation during laparoscopic total extraperitoneal (TEP) inguinal hernia repair: initial analysis. IHS 2012 P1620. Covidien sponsored study.
5. Birk, D. Self-gripping mesh in laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair. Technique and clinical outcome of 96 operations. IHS 2012 P-1654. Covidien sponsored study.
6. Piccini, G, Lissidini, G et al. No tacks, no glue, no frustration during TAPP groin hernia repair with ProGrip™ and V-Loc™ 180. IHS 2012 FP-1740.
7. Covidien Internal Test Report 0902CR122. Data on File (June 2012).
7a. Kolbe, T, Hollinsky, C, Walter, I, Joachim, A, Rulicke, T. Influence of a new self-gripping hernia mesh on male fertility in a rat model. Surgical Endoscopy 2010; 24: 455-461.7
8. Edwards, C. Self-fixating mesh is safe and feasible for laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair. Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques. Conference: 2011 Scientific Session of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons, SAGES San Antonio, TX United States (30.03.2011 – 02.04.2011). 25: S324.
9. Estimate derived from the use of information under license from the following IMS Health information service: Hospital Supply Index for the period Sep ’06 – Jun ‘12. IMS expressly reserves all rights, including rights of copying, distribution and republication. Based on typical prices of anatomical mesh and absorbable fixation in the US.
10. Kapischke, M et al. Self-fixating mesh for the Lichtenstein procedure – a prestudy. Langenbeck’s Archives of Surgery 2010; 395: 317-322.
11.Jacob, B, Morseon, M. Post-Inguinal Hernia Repair Pain Management Costs: Survey of physicians regarding costs of pain management strategies. IHS 2012
Ω ProGrip™ laparoscopic self-fixating mesh and ProGrip™ self-gripping mesh have equivalent gripping and mechanical properties.†,1
† Based on pre-clinical animal and/or benchtop studies.
Σ Measured in millimeter scale.
‡ If the mesh is cut to size, additional fixation should be used based on surgeon’s discretion.