Routine use of the McGRATH™ MAC video laryngoscope (VL) improves first attempt success rate1 and lessens hemodynamic response5,6 while improving economic benefits,7,8 when compared to the traditional direct visualization (DL) technique. McGRATH™ MAC VL provides greater visualization7 with a familiar Macintosh blade, preparing you for the unexpected during every intubation.
The latest design offers:*
The McGRATH™ MAC video laryngoscope is cost-effective — so it’s within reach for every intubation.
And with disposable, sterile blades and flexible cleaning options, this VL is ready when you are.
* Compared to the previous McGrath™ MAC handle.
1. Kriege et al. Evaluation of the McGRATH™ MAC and Macintosh laryngoscope for tracheal intubation. Br J Anaesth. 2020; 125(1): e209
2. Metzner J, Posner KL, Lam MS, Domino KB. Closed claims' analysis. Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol. 2011; 25(2): 263-76.
3. Cook T, Woodall N, Frerk C. 4th National Audit Project of the Royal College of Anaesthetists and The Difficult Airway Society: Major complications of airway management in the United Kingdom. http://www.rcoa.ac.uk/system/files/CSQ-NAP4-Full.pdf. Published March 2011. Accessed January 2017.
4. Nørskov AK, Rosenstock CV, Wetterslev J, Astrup G, Afshari A, Lundstrøm LH. Diagnostic accuracy of anaesthesiologists' prediction of difficult airway management in daily clinical practice: a cohort study of 188 064 patients registered in the Danish Anaesthesia Database. Anaesthesia. 2015; 70(3): 272-81.
5. Altun D, Ali A, Çamcı E, Özonur A, Seyhan TÖ. Haemodynamic Response to Four Different Laryngoscopes. Turk J Anaesthesiol Reanim. 2018;46(6):434-440
6. Yokose M, Mihara T, Kuwahara S, Goto T. Effect of the McGRATH™ MAC Video Laryngoscope on Hemodynamic Response during Tracheal Intubation: A Retrospective Study. PLoS One. 2016;11(5):e0155566
7. Moucharite MA, Zhang J, Giffin R. Factors and Economic Outcomes Associated with Documented Difficult Intubation in the United States. Clinicoecon Outcomes Res. 2021;13:227–239
8. Zhang J, Jiang W, Urdaneta F. Economic analysis of the use of video laryngoscopy versus direct laryngoscopy in the surgical setting. J Comp Eff Res. Jul2021;10(10):831-844
9. Aziz MF, Brambrink AM, Healy DW, et al. Success of Intubation Rescue Techniques after Failed Direct Laryngoscopy in Adults: A Retrospective Comparative Analysis from the Multicenter Perioperative Outcomes Group. Anesthesiology. 2016;125(4):656-666.
10. Alvis BD, Hester D, Watson D, Higgins M, St Jacques P. Randomized controlled trial comparing the McGrath MAC video laryngoscope with the King Vision video laryngoscope in adult patients. Minerva Anestesiol. 2016;82(1):30-35
11. Lewis SR, Butler AR, Parker J, Cook TM, Schofield-Robinson OJ, Smith AF. Videolaryngoscopy versus direct laryngoscopy for adult patients requiring tracheal intubation: a Cochrane Systematic Review. British journal of anaesthesia. 2017;119(3):369-383