LigaSure™ technology has been used in more than 25 million procedures worldwide.1
The LigaSure™ Maryland jaw thoracic device (LF1930T) is the first and only minimally invasive LigaSure™ device on the market specifically indicated for sealing pulmonary veins and arteries/vessels up to, and including, 7 mm.2
"7 Reasons Why" you want to bring the Right Energy to your thoracic cases with the Ligasure™ Maryland jaw thoracic device (LF1930T):
For 7 mm pulmonary vasculature, the device also seals and transects adhesions.2-8
30 cm shaft designed specifically for access to the thoracic cavity.4–8
The device has the benefits of being a Maryland dissector9,11, one – step sealer13, atraumatic grasper9,11. cold scissors9,13 and it may reduce instrument exchanges9,10 and procedure time9,14.
For dissecting around the recurrent nerve and lymph nodes without causing damage9,11
Cooler jaw temperature and faster cool down times compared to Harmonic HD1000i™*9,12,§.
Proprietary nano‑coating on the jaws to reduce sticking9,15,Φ, eschar buildup15,16 and cleanings9,17,Ω.
We're working hard to transform lung health - from identifying patients earlier to optimizing treatment to accelerating recovery. It's why we're committed to offering a comprehensive suite of technologies tailored for thoracic surgery.
† Based on a US database search of Ethicon Enseal, Harmonic, Olympus Thunderbeat, Medtronic, Applied Medical, Aesculap devices (March 10, 2019).
§ Based on systemic vasculature.
Φ Tissue sticking to device jaws instances measured over 110 seals per device (ForceTriad™ energy platform). F1930T is only compatible with the Valleylab™ FT10 energy platform.
Ω Cleaning effectiveness assessed after each of two cleaning cycles.
1. Based on internal sales data from FY01‑FY20. October 2019.
2. Based on internal report #RE00147462, Pulmonary sealing claims for the LigaSure™ LF1930T device (memo). March 29, 2018.
3. LigaSure™ Maryland Jaw Thoracic Sealer/Divider, Nano‑Coated [instructions for use]. Boulder, CO: Medtronic; 2017. ±As of Nov. 19, 2018, based on indications for use for laparoscopic LigaSure™ devices.
4. Based on internal report #RE00138840, LIG‑45 memo, device length recommendation, thoracic (LF1930T). Feb. 6, 2018.
5. Based on internal test report #RE00125866, Jaw force and gap range burst pressure evaluation of EB4 thoracic Maryland device (LF1930T); conducted on bovine tissue. Nov. 20 –21, 2017 and Nov. 27–30, 2017.
6. Based on internal test report #RE00134865, Burst pressure verification of pulmonary bovine veins using the LigaSure™ LF1930T device. Jan. 17–18, 2018.
7. Based on internal test report #RE00122515, Verification of the LigaSure™ LF1930T device in a GLP chronic hemostasis canine study on pulmonary vasculature. Jan. 8–10, 2018.
8. Based on internal test report #RE00128442, GLP acute pulmonary vasculature hemostasis verification study of the LigaSure™ LF1930T device in hounds. Dec. 8, 2017
9. Based on internal test report #RE00140529 rev A, LigaSure™ Maryland device, nano‑coated (LF19X X) tissue testing (memo). March 5, 2018
10. Based on internal test report #RE00071598, Maryland validation labs, Houston and Los Angeles: independent surgeon feedback collected during porcine labs. April 16–18 and April 30 –May 3, 2013. ≠ 30 of 33 surgeons surveyed after use.
11. Based on internal test report #R0035742, Maryland validation, Houston and Los Angeles: independent surgeon feedback collected during porcine labs. April 16–18 and April 30–May 3, 2013.
12. Based on internal test report #R0032385 rev A, Thermal profile comparison of Ethicon Harmonic™* HD1000i shears versus nano‑coated LigaSure™ Maryland jaw device on the Valleylab™ FT10 energy platform. May 17–18, 2017 and June 14, 2017.
13. LigaSure™ Maryland Jaw Sealer/Divider, Nano‑Coated [instructions for use]. Boulder, CO: Medtronic; 2016.
14. Okada M, Miyata Y, Takamochi K, Tsutani Y, Oh S, Suzuki K. Prospective feasibility study of sealing pulmonary vessels with energy in lung surgery. J Thorac Cardiovasc Sur. 2018.
15. Based on internal test report #RE00073194, Tissue sticking comparison of the Ethicon G2™*, Voyant™* 5 mm Fusion, LigaSure™ LF1737, and LigaSure™ LF1937 devices conducted on porcine tissue using the ForceTriad™ energy platform. Jan. 18, 2017.
16. Based on internal report #RE00147462, Pulmonary sealing claims for the LigaSure™LF1930T device (memo). March 29, 2018.
17. Based on internal test report #RE00071599, LF19XX MJC marketing claims testing conducted on porcine tissue, Feb. 7–22, 2017.