The unique system features a special cannula that allows for defect closure without the need of additional devices. As a result, the VersaOne™ fascial closure system:
Port site hernias are a rare yet serious complication of laparoscopic surgery. Standard suture techniques can be difficult and often involve blind fascial closure.3
The VersaOne™ fascial closure system has been designed to avoid this complication. The special cannula enables fascia closure without the need for removing the port from the patient.
Equipped with a trocar guide, the VersaOne™ fascial closure system faciliates ideal suture placement around the defect, 5 mm each side, which has shown to reduce potential herniations.4,5
The system is made up of four components:
Key features include:
* Saves time compared to standalone closure device, suture passers, and hand sutures.
1. Based on internal validation report RE00098009 Rev A, DoubleTime VersaOne™ fascial closure system Miami lab VOC report. March 28, 2017.
2. Based on internal validation report RE00062341 Rev A, Summative usability of project DoubleTime VersaOne™ fascial closure system. Aug 24–25, 2016.
3. Shaher Z. Port closure techniques. Surg Endosc. 2007;21:1264–1274.
4. Based on internal report RE00079705, Fascial closure system bite size verification. Nov 5, 2014.
5. Israelsson LA. Abdominal incision closure: small but important bites. Lancet. 2015;386:1216–1218.