The first to reach the surface has a significant advantage.
Hydrophilic surfaces improve cell adhesion and proliferation.
† Based on internal data.
1. Based on a NAMSA preclinical study #163905. Symbotex™ composite mesh versus competitors in a pig bowel abrasion<br> model. Oct. 2013.
2. Zelzer M, Majani R, Bradley JW, Rose FR, Davies MC, Alexander MR. Investigation of cell-surface interactions using chemical<br> gradients formed from plasma polymers. Biomaterials. 2008;29(2):172–184.
3. Sannino A, Conversano F, Esposito A, Maffezzoli A. Polymeric meshes for internal sutures with differentiated adhesion on the two<br> sides.<br> J Mater Sci: Mater Med.2005;16(4):289–296.<br>
4. Lim JI, Yu B, Lee YK. Fabrication of collagen hybridized elastic PLCL for tissue engineering. Biotechnol Lett. 2008;30(12):2085–2090.
5. GristinaAG et al. Med Prog Technol1988-1989; 14(3-4): 205-24.