The first to reach the surface has a significant advantage.
Hydrophilic surfaces improve cell adhesion and proliferation.
Meshes long term tolerance depends on their physical and mechanical properties.
Smooth and continuous resorbable barriers outperform hydrophobic permanent barriers in preclinical models.
† Based on internal data.
1. Based on a NAMSA preclinical study #163905. Symbotex™ composite mesh versus competitors in a pig bowel abrasion
model. Oct. 2013.
2. Zelzer M, Majani R, Bradley JW, Rose FR, Davies MC, Alexander MR. Investigation of cell-surface interactions using chemical
gradients formed from plasma polymers. Biomaterials. 2008;29(2):172–184.
3. Sannino A, Conversano F, Esposito A, Maffezzoli A. Polymeric meshes for internal sutures with differentiated adhesion on the two
J Mater Sci: Mater Med.2005;16(4):289–296.
4. Lim JI, Yu B, Lee YK. Fabrication of collagen hybridized elastic PLCL for tissue engineering. Biotechnol Lett. 2008;30(12):2085–2090.
5. GristinaAG et al. Med Prog Technol1988-1989; 14(3-4): 205-24.