Tri-Staple™ technology reloads are designed to work in harmony with the natural properties of tissue to optimize performance before, during and after stapling. With its stepped cartridge face, Tri-Staple™ technology delivers graduated compression, optimizing interaction between the tissue and stapler.1,2,3,4,5,6,7,†
The improved design of the stronger fixed anvil and I-beam incorporated into the Tri-Staple™ technology reload results in improved staple line strength, leak resistance and hemostasis when compared to the universal reloads.8
Tri-Staple™ 2.0 reloads are equipped with a computer chip that can communicate information during your procedure. When Signia™ and Tri-Staple™ 2.0 are combined you will receive information on the Signia™ screen before, during & after you fire, to help support clinical decision making.9
Tri-Staple™ Speciality reloads are designed to help you address procedurally specific challenges. All including Tri-Staple™ 2.0 technology for real-time feedback, the Curved Tip, Black, 30 mm, Reinforced and Radial reloads are all designed to work with both our Manual and Signia™ handles.
† Pre-Clinical results may not correlate with clinical performance in humans.
1. Based on internal test report #PCG-007 rev 1, When compared to Echelon Flex™* green reloads as part of an analysis comparing different stapler designs and their performance and impact on tissues under compression using two-dimensional finite element analysis. Sept. 2, 2011.
2. When compared to Ethicon Echelon Flex™* uniform staple reloads as part of a bench study conducted in murine models, the vascular volume was statistically superior with Tri-Staple™ (p=.011)
3. Based on internal test report #PCG-001, Tyvek pull-apart test comparing Echelon(TM*) and Tri-Staple™ technology (data on file at Medtronic). March 2011.
4. Based on internal test report #PCG-004, Undercrimp comparisons in increasing pads of foam between Echelon™* and Tri-Staple™ technology (data on file at Medtronic). January 2012.
5. Based on internal test report #PCG-006, Staple Formation Comparison between Medtronic EGIA60AXT and Ethicon ECR60G in an Ex-Vivo Tissue Model (data on file at Medtronic). January 2012.
6. Based on internal test report #PCG-018, 2D FEA of Linear Staplers (data on file at Medtronic). November 2012.
7. Based on internal test report #PCG-019, Comparative Test of Medtronic Endo GIA™ Black Reloads with Tri-Staple™ Technology and Ethicon ECHELON FLEX™* Black Reloads (data on file at Medtronic). June 2014.
8. Covidien Bench Top Testing. Tyvek Pull Apart Testing, In-Vitro Leak Comparison and In-Vivo Leak Comparison Test.
9. Based on PT00002451 Signia™ Stapler User Manual, Page 13.