Thoracic Stent Graft
Valiant Thoracic Stent Graft With the Captivia Delivery System
The Valiant® Captivia® system leverages Medtronic's 13 years of thoracic stent graft experience and innovation. Our advanced design enhances confidence – and is proven in more than 40,000 patients.
Valiant Thoracic on Captivia
The Valiant thoracic stent graft with the Captivia delivery system is indicated for the endovascular repair of all lesions of the descending thoracic aorta (DTA) in patients having the appropriate anatomy including:
- Iliac or femoral artery access vessel morphology that is compatible with vascular access techniques, devices, or accessories;
- nonaneurysmal aortic diameter in the range of 18 mm to 42 mm (fusiform and saccular aneurysms/penetrating ulcers), or 18 mm to 44 mm (blunt traumatic aortic injuries), or 20 mm to 44 mm (dissections); and
- nonaneurysmal aortic proximal and distal neck lengths ≥20 mm (fusiform and saccular aneurysms/penetrating ulcers), landing zone ≥20 mm proximal to the primary entry tear (blunt traumatic aortic injuries, dissections). The proximal extent of the landing zone must not be dissected.
The Valiant Captivia system's advanced design features tip capture for controlled deployment, sinusoidal shaped nitinol stents to provide flexibility and conformability, hydrophilic coating to facilitate stent graft delivery, and a simple three step delivery system.
How It Works
The Valiant Captivia system includes:
- The Valiant® thoracic stent graft
- The Captivia® delivery system
- Sinusoidal shape and placement of nitinol springs provide flexibility and conformability
- Super-elastic nitinol springs exert active radial force to enhance seal and conformability
- Absence of longitudinal bar allows for enhanced flexibility and kink resistance
Confidence in Control
- Tip capture provides controlled deployment and precise placement in the thoracic aorta
- Tip capture release handle provides simple turn-and-pull motion to release proximal stents
- Proximal 8-Peak FreeFlo configuration evenly distributes radial force over multiple apices
- Platinum iridium "Figur8" markers provide high visibility and assist deployment
- Broad selection of proximal and distal components leads to many combinations to customize for a variety of patients
- Crossing profile is similar to or lower than other thoracic stent grafts
- Hydrophilic coating facilitates stent graft delivery
- Easy three-step deployment process
Test data on file at Medtronic, Inc. Bench test results may not be indicative of clinical results.