Discover below what impact respiratory compromise has and which respiratory and monitoring solutions from Medtronic can help with the early identification.
* Remote=locations or surgical procedures performed outside the OR
1. Post-operative patients with Respiratory Compromise have a mortality rate of 10.4% compared to 0.4% of those who do not develop Respiratory Compromise - Development and validation of a score to predict postoperative respiratory failure in a multicentre European cohort: A prospective, observational study. Canet et al EJA 32(7):458–470, JUL 2015
2. Canet et al. Development and validation of a score to predict postoperative respiratory failure in a multicentre European cohort: A prospective, observational study. EJA 32(7):458–470, JUL 2015
3. Medtronic data analysis
4. Julia Metzner, Karen L. Posner and Karen B. Domino - The risk and safety of anesthesia at remote locations: the US closed claims analysis Article in Current opinion in anaesthesiology · June 2009 DOI: 10.1097/ACO.0b013e32832dba50 · Source: PubMed
5. Jochen Hinkelbein, Massimo Lamperti, Jonas Akeson, Joao Santos, Joao Costa,Edoardo De Robertis, Dan Longrois, Vesna Novak-Jankovic, Flavia Petrini, Michel M.R.F. Struys, Francis Veyckemans, Thomas Fuchs-BuderM and Robert Fitzgeraldy - European Society of Anaesthesiology and European Board of Anaesthesiology guidelines for procedural sedation and analgesia in adults - Eur J Anaesthesiol 2017; 34:1–19
6. Vincent, J.L., Einav, S., Pearse, R., Jaber, S., Kranke, P., Overdyk, F.J., Whitaker, D.K., Gordo, F., Dahan, A. and Hoeft A. – Eur J Anaesthesiol 2018; 35:325–333
7. Cacho, G., Perez-Calle, J. L., Barbado, A., Lledo, J. L., Ojea, R., & Fernandez-Rodriguez, C. M. Capnography is superior to pulse oximetry for the detection of respiratory depression during colonoscopy. Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 2010;102(2):86-89.
8. Maddox, R. R., Oglesby, H., Williams, C. K., Fields, M., & Danello, S. (2008). Continuous Respiratory Monitoring and a "Smart" Infusion System Improve Safety of Patient-Controlled Analgesia in the Postoperative Period.
9. Overdyk, F. J., Carter, R., Maddox, R. R., Callura, J., Herrin, A. E., & Henriquez, C. Continuous oximetry/capnometry monitoring reveals frequent desaturation and bradypnea during patient-controlled analgesia. Anesth Analg. 2007;105(2):412-418.